Director Finance & Administration
To provide strategic financial leadership to United Way of Pasco County and to oversee the Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Human Resource functions. Provide staff leadership to the Finance and Audit Committee as required.
Incumbent will be directly responsible for providing financial leadership to UW’s strategic planning process, preparation of the annual operating plan (budget), financial reporting, resource requirements of the accounting and I/S organization; safeguarding United Way’s financial and non-financial resources; establishing and maintaining adequate systems of internal accounting controls; ensuring adherence to United Way financial policies; ensuring appropriate technology is in use; UWPC personnel documentation and provides staff leadership to volunteer committees as required, including finance and audit.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Directly responsible for providing financial & business leadership to United Way. Oversee Finance and Administration strategies that will ensure organizational goals and objectives are met with particular emphasis on financial accountability.
- Leads the organization in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Routinely prepares cash flow forecasts and monitors actual performance against the forecast.
- Oversee United Way’s investment portfolio in conjunction with guidance from the Finance Committee and investment advisor.
- All financial & business reporting is timely, and accurately prepared in accordance with GAAP and United Way financial reporting standards.
- Staff the Finance and Audit committees.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Prepare, disseminate and process staff timesheets for payroll
- Coordinate processing of payroll/expense reports
- Coordinate receipt and distribution of Duke Energy Neighbor Fund (ENF) reports
- Dispense ENF to appropriate community partners
- Coordinate reporting of funds to Duke Energy Foundation
- Manage agency charge accounts spreadsheets
- Manage petty cash account
- Complete accounts payable check distribution including the stamping of paid invoices
- Distribute payroll advices/checks
- Prepares for annual financial audit, DB2 Report to UWW, and other reports as needed
- Maintain current signature and contact information for all banking, investment and credit accounts
- Reconciliation of banking accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare and mail all checks signed by CEO or Board members
- Works in conjunction with VP Community Impact in payment of all community impact allocations: Community Impact; Outside Agency; Emergency Food and Shelter (EFSP)
- Reconcile credit card statement
- Coordinates Prosperity Campaign volunteer reimbursement
- Maintain all bank accounts via Quick Books
- Make deposits when appropriate
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Oversee personnel documentation (10% of time)
- Payroll / 401k / Benefits
- Legal compliance
- Serve as recording secretary to the UWPC Board of Directors for board and committee meetings
- Assist the Finance Department in communicating to the benefit providers regarding billing issues, employee issues, or other similar matters
- Act as liaison regarding all Worker’s Compensation claims and issues including completion of paperwork and assisting carrier in processing claims
- Minimum 3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Acceptable fields of study would include Business Administration, Management, and Finance.
- The emphasis must be in Finance or Accounting.
- Knowledge and Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- 5-10 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- MBA preferred
- Experience in Quick Books
- Knowledge of current Financial Accounting Standards relevant to for profit and non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of Automated accounting systems
- Organizational management and leadership principles and practices
- Budgeting and fiscal management
- Ability to analyze and understand statistical and financial reports
- Experience in cash flow and cash projection analysis.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.